Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Next Journey (sans Amtrak)

I've been back a full work-week and it seriously feels like the whole trip was a dream.  But it happened and I have so many pictures to treasure as a result.  This picture is probably one of my favorites:


I know it may come as a shocker, but I love photography!  I love it for so many reasons and have always wanted to pursue it professionally.  But for years I struggled with conflicting thoughts about what I wanted to do and what I thought I should do...it was me against the world.  And no matter how hard I tried to be happy, the world kept chipping away at my confidence and I eventually just went with the flow of life and fell into the trap...until of course, God came and swept me off my feet with His grace and love.  And since then, I've learned that I don't have to go against the world, because He already did...and He won.

Continuing on, I have found that God has a way of aligning our talents/passions with His will.  And even though I've struggled in the past and lost sight of God, He has still managed to pull me back into His will.

This trip was just the cherry on top.  I've felt lead in certain directions before, but never have I ever wanted to pursue something like I want to pursue photography.  I love being able to capture intangible things--like joy, love, and happiness all through a single picture.

Now that I back and in routine again, I am more ready than ever to truly embark on the next journey God has laid out in front of me...and thankfully this one doesn't involve Amtrak ;)  My goal is this spring to build up my portfolio and client list so that by summer I can be established and ready for the long haul!

If you are interested in learning more about my new endeavor, please visit my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment